Making rail cargo planning even more efficient
Rail Cargo Planner is an advanced planning and scheduling solution for the Rail Cargo industry. It offers an integrated solution to plan resources such as paths, locomotives, wagons, drivers, and ground staff on trains. RCP supports long-term planning as well as short term planning and day of operation. It helps planners make better decisions with extensive decision support functionalities, KPIs and optimization tools.
This complete suite improves efficiency, reduces costs and offers a better overview of the current business. It helps with KPI-driven planning, minimizing empty wagon repositioning, better path utilization, improved employee and locomotive utilization, timely locomotive maintenance planning, efficient rescheduling during railroad works, delays, employee illness or locomotive malfunction and timely communication of employee rosters and planning according to an extensive set of labor rules and regulations.
New functionality and improvements in RCP 3.3
With the introduction of version 3.3, we have added several improvements and new functionalities to an already rich set of tools. This has resulted in more direct business value to our customers. Among the improvements are:
- Improved locomotive circulation optimizer for an efficient and robust plan for your locomotive circulations. This helps improve fleet utilization and reduce operating costs.
- User configurable KPIs to improve planning, helping planners set specific goals and track progress.
- Workforce Roster optimizer extended with standby day planning, preventing unnecessary standby staff cost.
- Efficient views allowing planners to work more seamlessly and save time.
- Improved visualization through highlighting, so that planners can easily spot conflicts and take action.